By Richard Brody | Submitted On September 18, 2020
How can we, make the way, this nation, operates, and how, our citizens, are served, and represented, better, unless/ until, we prioritize, bi – partisan government officials, who, instead of making their personal/ political agenda, and, self – interest, their priority, emphasize, seeking common – ground, and bringing us, together, for the greater good, and resulting, in, a meeting – of – the – MINDS? Although, we have always, witnessed, some degree of partisan, political behavior, it seems, the last decade, or – so, this has, reached, a concerning, disturbing level, where there seems to be, little, to, no effort, made, to, reach – across – the – aisle, in order to better serve and represent, our nation, and all its citizens! Never before, have we witnessed, an America President, who, seemed to strive, to divide, and oppose, rather than unite us, especially, when it involved the most significant needs. How much better, might, we have proceeding, during this horrific pandemic, if, our elected officials, worked together, rather than, putting, politics, first? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why it matters.
1. Make mark; matters; metrics: Instead of playing – politics, with our lives, we deserve elected officials, ready, and willing, to make their mark, for the better! Instead of denying, and creating an alternative narrative, we must acknowledge, data, and science matters, and the associated metrics, help guide, smarter decisions, etc!
2. Integrity; imagination; innovate; ideas/ issues; inspire: A leader’s integrity, must be absolute, or constituents, lose! Combining this essential asset, with a relevant imagination, the willingness to innovate, for the common good, and introduce quality ideas, and address issues, which inspire and motivate, the vast majority of Americans!
3. Needs; nuances: Always, ask, whose needs, are being considered, addressed, and prioritized! Is the individual, a, one – trick – pony, only ready and willing to recycle the same – old, same – old, or, will he be able, to adjust, and recognize necessary, nuances, etc?
4. Delve deeply; discover: Instead of behaving as if, they, know – it – all, and are smarter than the specific experts, as our present, so – called, stable genius, claims, to believe, we would be, far, better – served, by someone, who would delve deeply, and discover various options, and alternatives, in the quest, for the best path – forward!
5. Stronger; strengths; service; solutions; sustainable: If we hope to have a stronger nation, into the future, our leaders must use all our strengths, together, to make us stronger, provide finer service, and proceed, with well – considered, viable, relevant, and sustainable solutions!
How does dividing us, help bring – us, together, and take advantage of a much – needed, meeting of the MINDS? Wake up, America, and carefully, consider, the essential quality of character, of future public, elected officials!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all