By Richard Brody | Submitted On September 18, 2020
In our, ever – changing, world, we need public officials, who, realize, the must adapt, recognize/ admit challenges, needs, and priorities, and be prepared, ready, willing, and able, to EVOLVE, in a well – considered, manner, rather than procrastinating, and/ or, denying the need, to do so! President Donald Trump seems to prefer, using the same – old, same – old, techniques, ideas, and mind – set, rather than evolving his perspectives, and considering, with an open – mind, various, options and alternatives, and choosing, the finest one, to move us, forward, in a relevant, sustainable manner! We have witnessed this, in his statements, and approaches/ actions, regarding Climate Change challenges (he denies it, and took us out of the Paris Accords), the need for protecting our environment, in a timely manner (he has attempted, to de – regulate many of these protections), and in his apparent philosophy, towards proactively, addressing the challenges, from this horrific pandemic, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why, it’s essential, and significant.
1. Empathy; emphasis: We would be, far – better, served, by someone, who focused on effectively, listening to the needs, goals, fears, priorities, and perceptions, and learning, consistently, from every conversation, and experience, and, thus, proceeded, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! Once this, is aligned with how, he places his emphasis, the ability to adapt, and evolve, is greatly enhanced!
2. Visions; visionary; variety/ various: A leader’s visions, must align with the best interests of our nation, and all its citizens, in a relevant, sustainable way! He must try to be visionary, especially, in areas, related to our evolving world, such as climate, the environment, and human rights, etc. Instead of proceeding, with a closed – mind, one must consider a variety of alternatives, and pursue various options, for the greater good, both, at – present, and into the future!
3. Options; opportunities; organized; open – minded: We can’t afford, continuing the type of leadership, we are presently, experiencing, which is merely, recycling, the same – old, same – old! For the sake of the nation, and this planet, we need future, saner leadership, which proceeds, with an open – mind, and an organized approach, which examines, all viable opportunities!
4. Listen; learn; leadership: True leadership requires a commitment, to consistently, effectively, listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience, and think – outside – the – box!
5. Views; value; values: One’s views, and words, mean little, unless, they align, with creating the greatest value, which aligns with the core values of our nation, now, and into the future!
6. Excellence; environment; efforts; enrich; enduring: Never accept governance, which, seeks, good – enough, instead of relevant, sustainable, excellence! Efforts, especially, regarding our approach, and protection of the environment, must enrich us, in a real – way! These must focus on their enduring influences, and powers, and improving the planet, etc.
Wake up, America, and elect leaders, whose ideas are focused on the best way, to EVOLVE our efforts, as our ever – changing world, and society, do! Are you willing to be a more responsive, responsible voter?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all